Sunday, April 27, 2008

14 Months or Bust

O.k., so technically we are not on the road and we haven't begun our journey across America. But I just can't contain my excitement/icy fear of the impending move and being away from Brett for the next 14 months. Yeah, I know. 14 months isn't all that long. Oh, but it is long. 14 months away from Brett feels a little bit like a prison sentence; a prison sentence with extended conjugal visits, long romantic weekend getaways and tons of frequent flyer miles.

Tomorrow our, or really I should say Brett's, roommate moves in. In fact, right now, this very evening, marks our last night alone in our house. Trippy! I haven't had a roommate since 1997 except Brett of course. He's not just my roommate, however. He allows me to be myself totally. He doesn't judge me. He gives me space when I need it and is there to hold me when I need support. I don't know how exactly I'm going to make it 14 months without him. I love him I love him I love him. I'm a little punchy and emotional, can you tell?

2 comments:

Brewcaster said...

I call shotgun!

Anonymous said...

Ah the joys of a drive across America. Give my love to the Rockies - the best part of the drive by far.

Well a close second would be Brett - he's a great long-drive companion.