Saturday, May 3, 2008

due to a technical difficulty...

I cannot post the awe-inspiring photos of WYOMING people. I love it. It's beautiful beyond words. We're working through the kinks and hopefully I can post some photos SOON. You can check his flickr page if you wanna... www.flickr.com/photos/dieselboi. We've been hanging in Jackson Hole all day and will mosey out tomorrow.We've got 500+ miles to look forward to tomorrow, but I can't say I'm upset with the prospect. I'm digging the drive. Phoebe is a total trooper. She loves travelling with us. We decided today that if I can book a flight to PDX with her in June she'll just stay with me in Philly. The original plan was that she was going to drive across country and back with Brett. Suddenly having her with me just makes sense. Besides, Brett wants to catch a baseball game in St. Louis and it occured to us it may be difficult to find a place for her to hang while he's at the game. Ironically, I've found, while here in Jackson Hole, that the hotels are pet friendly, with the caveat that we cannot leave our pets in the rooms alone. Yet, there are very few public places that will allow you to bring your pets. That means we window shop and strain our eyes at the natural parks in the parking lots, leave her in the car, or hang out in the hotel room with her.

I've seen nature play out as if I'm watching the freaking Discovery Channel. I swear to god a hawk flew 15 feet from our car while we were driving and it was carrying a freaking salmon in it's talons that was all wriggling cuz I'm certain that bird just plucked it out of the Snake River. This place is amazing. 500 feet from downtown Jackson Hole you can waltz over to this goose habitat and watch hundreds and I mean HUNDREDS of elk chilling. We're surrounded by mountains and snow and all sorts of athletic type people which all sort of intimidate me but oh well I'm a city girl and that gives me some sort of cred somehow so it all evens out. We sat at this tavern earlier where we had to sit in saddles and they were totally f*(&ing uncomfortable but damn it if I didn't sit there for at least 45 minutes. Oh how I wish we could hang in WY undefinitely. We've met real live cowboys and friendly locals and Brett thinks the beer sucks but that's ok. It's stunning and quiet and for god's sake this town doesn't suffer for money; looks like they get plenty of business. Oh yeah, we're here in the off season.

500 miles tomorrow. Holy crap.

No comments: