Saturday, May 3, 2008

Snake River Brewing .......


DSCN8567.JPG
Originally uploaded by dieselboi
I didn't want to put in the title anything like - "Snake River Brewing - whatev..." or "Snake River Brewing - Seriously?"

Maybe I should have.

Honestly, I looked forward to visiting Jackson's one brewery thinking it would be the shit when it turned out to be kinda a turd. I know, I shouldn't be so judgemental, but wow, the beer was kinda bland. We did a taster tray and only one of the beers was good enough that I would ponder getting a pint - the stout. All the other beers - a Pilsner, a Lager, a Pale Ale, a Mai-bock, a Porter and something with grapefruit zest left much to be desired. None of the beer really had a distinctive flavor - too malty or just plain bland. I honestly wondered if the brewer had ever heard of using Hops in beer.

Sorry Snake River, you get a C-.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

your homebrew is better.

Unknown said...

There are few things sadder than when beer lets you down.