Thursday, May 1, 2008

TREES!

I am not going to document the entire day of our trip as I personally wouldn't think that is good reading. I will tell you about the Trees though. Just past Boardman on I84, we came upon these amazing forests of Ash trees. They were farmed and in perfect rows acre after acre. We kept looking down the rows as we drove by wondering why no one has filmed a horror movie in there. Imagine The Village. It was amazing:
DSCN8333.JPG

I would love to throw on a backpack and venture into this man made forest. Everything in order and every tree the same height, age and thickness. I remember as a boy scout camping in an abandoned tree farm where the trees had overgrown. Yet they were still in rows and organized.

Stats for today: 300+ miles, 1 stinky hotel room, 3 beers (so far), and no fast food. Tomorrow - IDAHO.

oh, and snow:
DSCN8337.JPG

1 comment:

Josh said...

Nice! Fun to keep up on your journey with the blog. We did a rode trip a few years back from Portland out to Missoula and I recall loving looking at those trees as well.